Thursday, August 4, 2011

Scandalous Beauty 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 28

Day 28 – Your favorite movie.

My favorite movie is The Women (1939). I stumbled on this movie one Saturday night a few years ago. I couldn't sleep and there was nothing good on TV. I've been a Rosalind Russel fan since I saw Auntie Mame and a Joan Crawford fan since forever and they're both in this movie. I also have a thing for old black and white movies with legendary actors and actresses.


This is the original Real Housewives of New York City!!!

The story-line of this all female movie is basically this. .. New York high society women who run in the same social circles, gossip about each other, go through divorces, some marry the others husbands, and in the end band together to help one ruin the home-wrecker that stole her husband and help her get her man back.


My favorite line is at the end of the movie. After getting caught cheating on her husband by the "popular girls".. Joan Crawford (Crystal Allen) turns to the group and says... "There's a name for you ladies.. but it isn't used in high society.. outside of a kennel" Hmmm.. wonder what name that is??? LOL


This is a must see if you like old black and white movies.. There was a remake made a few years ago.. but its not as good.






No comments:

Post a Comment