Saturday, July 16, 2011

Scandalous Beauty 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 15

Day 15 – Something you don’t leave the house without.


The story of me and my Ipod...

When Ipods first came out I really didn't see what the big deal was. I was happy with my CD player and wasn't into gadgets. When I finally saw what you could have on an Ipod, I had to have one. That year my dad asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said that I wanted an Ipod shuffle. (that was a shocker because he never asked before and always gave me something that wasn't me at all.. I'm not ungrateful but all he had to do was ask). On Christmas Eve I started downloading music preparing for my Ipod. Christmas morning we opened our gifts and there was no Ipod. My dad usually gives his gift last  so when he went back upstairs I just knew he was coming back with my Ipod. But no.. He took a shower and then went off to watch football. I wasn't upset, I just thought that since my dad waits until the last minute to do everything that maybe he would get our gifts after Christmas. A few days later he asked me which Ipod I wanted. I went to work and came home expecting to find the apple box.. but there was no box. I asked what happened to the Ipod, and my dad informed me that it was too expensive. WHAT!!!!  Then I found out that he let the "sales mobsters" at Best Buy "beat him in the head" about adding insurance and a warranty to the Ipod and that put my Christmas gift out of the budget. Needless 
to say I was fuming mad, but determined to get my Ipod.

When I got my income tax refund I bought my own Ipod!! Not only did I get it myself, I got the Ipod Classic and I got it engraved with my name on it. The price I paid for that Ipod was the price that the "sales mobsters" wanted my dad to pay for a shuffle!!! I came home that day and showed my dad, but in his usual way all he said was "oh, very good".

From that point on me and my Ipod have been inseparable. I have all of my favorite music, videos, tv show 
episodes, and podcasts at my fingertips at all times. I love my Ipod. :)


Monie

No comments:

Post a Comment