Thursday, July 28, 2011

Scandalous Beauty 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 27

Day 27 – A picture of you last year and now and how have you changed since then? 




Then - Budakkan  July 2010



Now  - July 2011

I need to take a full length photo of myself but hopefully you can see from the pics that I've slimmed down a bit from last year.( I have a neck.. who knew???!! ..lol)   Everybody asks me how I did it and the answer is really simple... My dad does most of cooking!! LOL... My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few years ago and had to change his diet so no more red meat and fatty foods. He mostly cooks chicken and turkey, whole wheat pasta, brown rice and salads. (the whole wheat pasta and brown rice gotta go.. he can eat that.. I don't particularly care for it) Now don't think I don't have treats every once and a while, cause you all should know by now that I have a thing for cupcakes.. and me and my cousins can do some damage at BBQ's (woo chile.. dem sticky wings!!) lol. Besides the change in meals I also walk a lot. Now that's it nice out I try to "walk the boardwalk" as much as possible. I don't know how much weight I've lost because I refuse to get on a scale, but I can tell that I feel better, most of my summer clothes from last year are too big, and I have a dress that I haven't worn in years that I can once again get into... I plan on wearing it in a few weeks so maybe then I'll take that full length photo. 

On a professional level, I've become more confident in my makeup skills, I'm sharing my talents more (some people had no idea that I was a makeup artist) and I've made some awesome connections. I hope to do more photo shoots in the future (my boy Kevin Barker is blowing up!!!... check out his blog Unique Visions in my "I follow them" section) and more bridal work since that's my favorite.

Only 3 more days left to this challenge.... if anyone knows of another blog challenge.. tag me.. this has been fun!!!

Monie

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Amazing. Congrats. I lost a large chunk of weight, so I know how much work it takes. You are obviously sound awesome. Isn't be proud of yourself and gaining confidence a beautiful place to be?

    ReplyDelete