Thursday, July 14, 2011

Scandalous Beauty 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 13

Day 13 – Your favorite musician and why?


Just like day 6 I can't pick just one....




































Prince
Who doesn't love Prince Rogers Nelson? I've been a Prince fan for a long as I can remember. My most vivid memory of Prince is the movie Purple Rain. Ironically it was playing on cable last night and I just started laughing because I can remember watching it back in the day with my mother and brother and when the "dirty" scenes came up my mother hit the fast forward button. (It was the 80's and we were watching a VHS)
I can also remember that Prince's music got me through being punished when I was little. Whenever I was sent to my room (for whatever reason) I would sneak out and take my mother's "45" records (OK I'm showing my age) and play them on my little record player.. the song I played the most was "I Wanna Be Your Lover". At that age I had no idea who Prince was, but I've been in love with his music ever since. Whether it was on a CD or on my Ipod I always have my top fav Prince songs at my fingertips. "Adore" is some serious "baby-making" music (oh... I don't have kids.. but hey..lol) and my email is the title of a Prince song (you have to really be a fan to know that song..lol). Finally. Prince likes purple and so do I. Purple is the color of royalty and suits him perfectly.



Richie Sambora
My celebrity crush since I was 12. I was introduced to the band Bon Jovi at that age and I loved the music. When I saw my first Bon Jovi video.. I was like "who is that guy playing the guitar"? And so began my love of Mr. Sambora "The King of Swing". 
My room was covered with his pictures from magazines and posters. I even went so far as to tell my friends that he was my boyfriend. (how gullible were they to think that a 12 yr old was dating a 28 yr old.. in the words of Ed Lover "C'MON SON"..LOL) Richie is an awesome guitarist and sexy as all hell. They say that the faces that guitar players make while playing are the same face they make when they're... ya know (*wink*) And Richie does this "pouty lip" thing when he's playing that gives me goosebumps.

When Bon Jovi took a break in the 90's for the guys to work on solo projects I couldn't wait to hear Richie's work. I could catch a little of his voice on Bon Jovi songs but I wanted to hear him sing a whole song. (I love Jon too,but there's just something so soulful and soothing about Richie's voice) When "Stranger In This Town" came out I was in High School and I rushed out to Sam Goody  to get it. (what ya'll know 'bout Sam Goody) I listened to it sooo much and I picked a favorite song. "One Light Burning" brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. (Side Note) I had a hard time dealing with the death of my grandmother in 1988 and this song helped me feel better even though it came out years after her death) This songs reminds me that my grandmother will always be in my heart.

Somewhere in my life
There's one light burning
I feel it like my heart beating inside
Somewhere in my life
There's one light burning

My love for my grandmother and Richie will always be connected not just because of this song, but because my grandmother passed away on July 11 which is also Richie's birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment