Friday, July 8, 2011

Scandalous Beauty 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 7

Day 7 – Your dream wedding.


A very open and honest story......




I used to have an idea of what my dream wedding would look like but no more. After every relationship that I've been in has failed, after always being the bridesmaid and never the bride, and after watching exes marry someone else, that dream has died. Sad to say I don't think I will ever get married. When I was younger I always thought it would just happen and as the years went by I would say "ok at 25 I'll give up"; 25 came and went so then I said , "ok at 30 I'll give up"; and 30 came and went; so I said, "that's it , at 35 its a wrap". Well 35 came a week ago today and I have officially thrown in the towel. 


I don't know if anyone else has a family like mine, but within my family there is always an "old maid" in every generation. A cousin or an aunt that never gets married and never has children; and I'm slowly and painfully accepting the fact that for my generation that "old maid" just might be me. It was my greatest fear that is now feeling like reality. And yes I have friends and family that tell me that I'm still young enough, but I just don't feel that way. I guess because its something that I've wanted for my life and its been such a difficult challenge. And before I get all the "that's silly" and "give me a break" comments, this is just how I feel and unless you've walked a mile in my shoes you have no idea how painful this journey has been for me. (last comment really for family and people who know me personally)


Now that I have no idea how to end this.. I guess I will just say this.


If you are married, engaged, or in a loving stable relationship, thank God,cherish what you have and never take it for granted.


Monie



2 comments:

  1. Monie God has timed everything and his time schedule is not the same as ours so don't give up just yet please be patient that right guy that is just for you is somewhere probably saying the same thing so don't give up...♥ Tish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post has touched me, it really has.
    I want to say that the higher power has a plan for everyone, and I know that he is going to guide your soul mate to you. A lot of women in my family married the first man that came along and stayed in unhappy unions.
    Keep on being fabulous and follow your dreams.

    Signed..one of your new blog followers.
    Xiulan

    ReplyDelete