As you entered to room there was the full makeup line professionally displayed like in any high end store with makeup artists giving mini makeovers. The J.Nicole makeup line has everything from foundation to eye shadow palettes with shades for women of any skin tone. Products were also available for purchase.
There was a display of the J.Nicole skin care products with a team member there to answer any questions. I received a sample of the Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover. (I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but a review will be posted soon.)
Next, a display of Farmhouse Fresh products that were amazing. I highly recommend the Backcountry Caramel Body Milk Lotion, it smells good enough to eat.
For those waiting to receive their mini makeovers they could have their eyebrows threaded or receive a 5 minute massage.
To top the event off you were also given the red carpet treatment with a photographer to capture the celebration, and for a sweet treat cupcakes were made available to guests. (how did Fatima know cupcakes are my favorite and there were Red Velvet cupcakes.. yummy!!!)
The beautiful Fatima Peat-Ricks gave me a few minutes to get some background on the company and her journey....
- J. Nicole Cosmetics is named after her daughter Jayla Nicole.
- Wanted to create a "mobile makeup store".
- Wanted to offer products with department store quality at an affordable price.
- Wanted to have products for makeup artists to build their kits with.
- Company was originally called "Brown Sugar Cosmetics" but was changed because Fatima didn't want to feel "boxed in" and wanted something for the everyday woman and women of all skin tones.
The Woman Behind J.Nicole Cosmetics and The Inspiration
- The dream for J.Nicole Cosmetics started 5 years ago.
- Fatima worked as a dental assistant but wanted something different for her life.
- She is a self taught makeup artist, and currently enrolled in the esthetics program at The Lia Schorr Institute of Cosmetic Skin Care Training.
- One day 5 months ago while at her then job, Fatima says God told her that would be the last day she would ever do that job and she quit to pursue her dream.
- She is grateful for the full support of her husband, family and friends.
- Fatima says that she gives God all the glory because," without Him none of this would be possible".
- Fatima wants to be the "Black Mary Kay" and build a team of consultants.
- Make J. Nicole Cosmetics an international company.
It was a great launch party and thank you so much for inviting me. Congratulations and Good Luck to Fatima and the J.Nicole team!!!
* A special thanks to my cousin Lisa Bryant for coming with me and taking the pictures.*